read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
David Among the Philistines
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 27: 1-12
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
And What Do I Do With That?
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. But David kept thinking to himself, "Someday Saul is going to get me. The best thing I can do is escape to the Philistines. Then Saul will stop hunting for me in Israelite territory, and I will finally be safe."
2. So David took his 600 men and went over and joined Achish son of Maoch, the king of Gath.
3. David and his men and their families settled there with Achish at Gath. David brought his two wives along with him — Ahinoam from Jezreel and Abigail, Nabal's widow from Carmel.
4. Word soon reached Saul that David had fled to Gath, so he stopped hunting for him.
5. One day David said to Achish, "If it is all right with you, we would rather live in one of the country towns instead of here in the royal city."
6. So Achish gave him the town of Ziklag (which still belongs to the kings of Judah to this day),
7. and they lived there among the Philistines for a year and four months.
8. David and his men spent their time raiding the Geshurites, the Girzites, and the Amalekites — people who had lived near Shur, toward the land of Egypt, since ancient times.
9. David did not leave one person alive in the villages he attacked. He took the sheep, goats, cattle, donkeys, camels, and clothing before returning home to see King Achish.
10. "Where did you make your raid today?" Achish would ask.
And David would reply, "Against the south of Judah, the Jerahmeelites, and the Kenites."
11. No one was left alive to come to Gath and tell where he had really been. This happened again and again while he was living among the Philistines.
12. Achish believed David and thought to himself, "By now the people of Israel must hate him bitterly. Now he will have to stay here and serve me forever!"
1 Samuel 27:1-12 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.