read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Today's Passage: Luke 15:28-32
Please read from your own bible.
Of course, Bible Gateway is here if you would prefer it.
Or, I've typed it for you in the New Living Testament (NLT) translation below:
28. "The older brother was angry and wouldn't go in. His father came out and begged him,
29. but he replied, 'All these years I've slaved for you and nver once refused to do a single thing you told me to. And in all that time you never gave me even one young goat for a feast with my friends.
30. Yet when this son of yours comes back after squandering your money on prostitutes, you celebrate by killing the fattened calf!"
31. His father said to him, 'Look, dear son you have always stayed by me, and everything I have is yours.
32. We had to celebrate this happy day. For your brother was dead and has come back to life! He was lost and he is found!'"
Luke 15:28-32 NLT
2. The faithful son?
What do I take away from this passage?
Do I understand the faithful son's frustration?
Does it convict me?
If I were to characterize my life, would it be the lost son that has been found (known often as the Prodigal Son)?
Or would it be the son that stayed? some say faithful, some say angry, some say obligated...
What do you read here,
what do you see from only the scripture.
3. The last few days we have read through all of Luke Chapter 15. Lost sheep, Lost Coin, Lost Son, Faithful Son
Putting everything aside from what you have heard in your past,
ask God what you hear from Him today in this chapter.
Something old that is freshened?
4. Please comment with your first name and last initial below. Share if you are so led.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Unsubscribe? Feel free at anytime. Just shoot an email to us with Unsubscribe in the subject line:
RR&BC,LLC©2016 All writings are protected by copyright laws.
NO Copying allowed in this private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.