read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Birth of the King in Bethlehem
Today's Passage: Micah 5:1-6
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
1. Mobilize! Marshal your troops! The enemy is laying siege to Jerusalem. They will strike Israel's leader in the face with a rod.
2. But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, are only a small village among all the people of Judah. Yet a ruler of Israel will come from you, one whose origins are from the distant past.
3. The people of Israel will be abandoned to their enemies until the woman in labor gives birth. Then at last his fellow countrymen will return from exile to their own land.
4. And he will stand to lead his flock with the LORD'S strength, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.
Then his people will live there undisturbed, for he will be highly honored around the world.
5. And he will be the source of peace.
When the Assyrians invade our land and break through our defenses, we will appoint seven rulers to watch over us, eight princes will lead us.
6. They will rule Assyria with drawn swords and enter the gates of the land of Nimrod.
He will rescue us from the Assyrians when they pour over the borders to invade our land.
Micah 5:1-6 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.