read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Lord's Case Against Israel
Today's Passage: Micah 6:1-8
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
From the Ancients - Lectio Divina
THIS STRATEGY IS AN AGE OLD STRATEGY - No one has a copyright on this - use it freely! It is wonderful!
All other strategies, please contact the author at email@example.com
1. Listen to what the LORD is saying:
"Stand up and state your case againt me. Let the mountains and hills be called to witness your complaints.
2. And now, O mountains, listen to the LORD'S complaint! He has a case against his people. He will bring charges against his people.
3. "O my people, what have I done to you? What have I done to make you tired of me? Answer me.!
4. For I brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from slavery, I sent Moses, Aaron, and Miriam to help you.
5. Don't you remember, my people, how king Balak of Moab tried to have you cursed and how Balaam son of Beor blessed you instead? And remember your journey from Acacia Grove to Gilgal, When I, the LORD, did everything I could to teach you about faithfulness."
6. What can we bring to the LORD? What kind of offerings should we give him? Should we bow before God with offerings of yearling calves?
7. Should we offer him thousands of rams and ten thousand rivers of olive oil? Should we sacrifice our firstborn children to pay for our sins?
8. No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:1-8 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.