read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Misery turned to Hope
Today's Passage: Micah 7:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Asking Questions about the Passage and
Allowing this Passage to Change My Life.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. How miserable I am!
I feel like the fruit picker after the harvest who can find nothing to eat.
Not a cluster of grapes or a single early fig can be found to satisfy my hunger.
2. The godly people have all disappeared; not one honest person is left on the earth.
They are all murderers, setting traps even for their own brothers.
3. Both their hands are equally skilled at doing evil!
Officials and judges alike demand bribes.
The people with influence get what they want, and togther they scheme to twist justice.
4. Even the best of them is like a brier, the most honest is as dangerous as a hedge of thorns.
But your judgment day is coming swiftly now.
Your time of punishment is here, a time of confusion.
5. Don't trust anyone — not your best friend or even your wife!
6. For the son despises his father. The daughter defies her mother.
The daughter-in-law defies her mother-in-law.
Your enemies are right in your own household!
7. As for me, I look to the LORD for help.
I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.
8. Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall, I will rise again.
Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.
9. I will be patient as the LORD punishes me, for I have sinned against him
But after that, he will take up my case and give me justice for all I have suffered from my enemies.
The LORD will bring me into the light, and I will see his righteousness.
10. Then my enemies will see that the LORD is on my side.
They will be ashamed that they taunted me, saying,
"So where is the LORD — that God of yours?"
With my own eyes I will see their downfall; they will be trampled like mud in the streets.
11. In that day, Israel, your cities will be rebuilt, and your borders will be extended.
12. People from many lands will come and honor you — from Assyria all the way to the towns of Egypt, from Egypt all the way to the Euphrates River, and from distant seas and mountains.
13. But the land will become empty and desolate beause of the wickedness of those who live there.
Micah 7:1-13 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.