read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Futility of Wealth
Today's Passage: Ecclesiastes 5:8-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
8. Don't be surprised if you see a poor person being oppressed by the powerful and if justice is being miscarried throughout the land. For every official is under orders from higher up, and the matters of justice get lost in red tape and bureaucracy.
9. Even the king milks the land for his own profit!
10. Those who love money will never have enough. How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness!
11. The more you have, the more people come to help you spend it. So what good is wealth — except perhaps to watch it slip through your fingers!
12. People who work hard sleep well, whether they eat little or much. But the rich seldom get a good night's sleep.
13. There is another serious problem I have seen under the sun. Hoarding riches harms the saver.
14. Money is put into risky investments that turn sour, and everything is lost. In the end, there is nothing left to pass on to one's children.
15. We all come to the end of our lives as naked and empty-handed as on the day we were born. We can't take our riches with us.
16. And this, too is a very serious problem. People leave this world no better off than when they came. All their hard work is for nothing — like working for the wind.
17. Throughout their lives, they live under a cloud —frustrated, discouraged, and angry.
18. Even so, I have noticed one thing, at least that is good. It is good for people to eat, drink, and enjoy their work under the sun during the short life God has given them, and to accept their lot in life.
19. And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life — this is indeed a gift from God.
20. God keeps such people so busy enjoying life that they take no time to brood over the past.
Ecclesiastis 5:8-20 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.