read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Under the Sun
Today's Passage: Ecclesiastes 6:1-9
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Read and summarize each verse into as few
words as you can. Goal 1 or 2 words.
1. There is another serious tragedy I have seen under the sun, and it weighs heavily on humanity.
2. God gives some people great wealth and honor and every thing they could ever want, but then he doesn't give the the chance to enjoy these things. They die, and someone else, even a stranger, ends up enjoying their wealth this is meaningless — a sickening tragedy.
3. A man might have a hundred children and live to be very old. But if he finds no satisfaction in life and doesn't even get a decent burial, it would have been better for him to be born dead.
4. His birth would have been meaningless, and he would have ended in darkness. He wouldn't even have had a name,
5. and he would never have seen the sun or known of its existence. Yet he would have had more peace than in growing up to be an unhappy man.
6. He might live a thousand years twice over but still not find contentment. And since he must die like everyone else — well, what's the use?
7. All people spend their lives scratching for food, but they never seem to have enough.
8. So are wise people really better off than fools? Do poor people gain anything by being wise and knowing how to act in front of others?
9. Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless — like chasing the wind.
Ecclesiastes 6:1-9 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.