read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Wisdom for Life
Today's Passage: Ecclesiastes 7:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. A good reputation is more valuable than costly perfume.
And the day you die is better than the day you are born.
2. Better to spend your time at funerals than at parties.
After all, everyone dies — so the living should take this to heart.
3. Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us.
4. A wise person thinks a lot about death, while a fool thinks only about having a good time.
5. Better to be criticized by a wise person than to be praised by a fool.
6. A fool's laughter is quickly gone, like thorns crackling in a fire. This also is meaningless.
7. Extortion turns wise people into fools, and bribes corrupt the heart.
8. Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride.
9. Control your temper, for anger labels you a fool.
10. Don't long for "the good old days." This is not wise.
11. Wisdom is even better when you have money. Both are a benefit as you go through life.
12. Wisdom and money can get you almost anything, but only wisdom can save your life.
13. Accept the way God does things, for who can straighten what he has made crooked?
14. Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realize that both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life.
Ecclesiastes 7:1-14 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.