read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Limits of Human Wisdom
Today's Passage: Ecclesiastes 7:15-29
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
15. I have seen everything in this meaningless life, including the death of good young people and the long life of wicked people.
16. So don't be too good or too wise! Why destroy yourself?
17. On the other hand, don't be too wicked either. Don't be a fool! Why die before your time?
18. Pay attention to these instructions, for anyone who fears God will avoid both extremes.
19. One wise person is stronger than ten leading citizens of a town!
20. Not a single person on earth is always good and never sins.
21. Don't eavesdrop on others — you may hear your servant curse you.
22. For you know how often you yourself have cursed others.
23. I have always tried my best to let wisdom guide my thoughts and actions. I said to myelf, "I am determined to be wise." But it didn't work.
24. Wisdom is always distant and difficult to find.
25. I searched everywhere, determined to find wisdom and to understand the reason for things. I was determined to prove myself that wickedness is stupid and that foolishness is madness.
26. I discovered that a seductive woman is a trap more bitter than death. Her passion is a snare, and her soft hands are chains. Those who are pleasing to God will escape her, but sinners will be caught in her snare.
27. "This is my conclusion," says the Teacher. "I discovered this after looking at the matter from every possible angle.
28. Though I have searched repeatedly I have not found what I was looking for. Only one out of a thousand men is virtuous, but not one woman!
29. But I did find this: God created people to be virtuous, but they have each turned to follow their own downward path."
Ecclesiastes 7:15-29 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.