read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Ironies of Life
Today's Passage: Ecclesiastes 10:5-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Read and summarize each verse into as few
words as you can. Goal 1 or 2 words.
5. There is another evil I have seen under the sun. Kings and rulers make a grave mistake
6. when they give great authority to foolish people and low positions to people of proven worth.
7. I have even seen servants riding horseback like princes — and princes walking like servants!
8. When you dig a well, you might fall in.
When you demolish an old wall, you could be bitten by a snake.
9.. When you work in a quarry,
stones might fall and crush you.
When you chop wood,
there is danger with each stroke of your ax.
10. Using a dull ax requires great strength, so sharpen the blade.
That's the value of wisdom; it helps you succeed.
11. If a snake bites before you charm it, what's the use of being a snake charmer?
12. Wise words bring approval, but fools are destroyed by their own words.
13. Fools base their thoughts on foolsh assumptions, so their conclusions will be wicked madness;
14. they chatter on and on.
No one really knows what is going to happen: no one can predict the future.
15. Fools ar so exhausted by a little work that they can't even find their way home.
16. What sorrow for the land ruled by a servant, the land whose leaders feast in the morning.
17. Happy is the land whose king is a noble leader and whose leaders feast at the proper time to gain strength for their work, not to get drunk.
18. Laziness leads to a sagging roof; idleness leads to a leaky house.
19. A party gives laughter, wine gives happiness, and money gives everything!
20. Never make light of the king, even in your thoughts.
And don't make fun of the powerful, even in your own bedroom.
For a little bird might deliver your message and tell them what you said.
Ecclesiastes 10:5-20 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.