read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
One Sacrifice of Christ is Sufficient
Today's Passage: Hebrew 10:8-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
8. First, Christ said, "You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings for sin, nor were you pleased with them" (though they are required by the law of Moses).
9. Then he said, "Look, I have come to do your will." He cancels the first covenant in order to put the second into effect.
10. For God's will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time.
11. Under the old covenant, the priest stands and ministers before the altar day after day, offering the same sacrifices again and again, which can never take away sins.
12. But our High Priest offered himself to God as a single sacrifice for sins, good for all time. Then he sat down in the place of honor at God's right hand.
13. There he waits until his enemies are humbled and made a footstool under his feet.
14. For by that one offering he forever made perfect those who are being made holy.
15. And the Holy Spirit also testifies that this is so. For he says,
16. "This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the LORD:
I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds"
17. Then he says,
" I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds."
18. And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices.
Hebrews 10:8-18 NLT
2nd strategy is meditation in WORSHIP
Let us WORSHIP.
Thank you Father God,
You have given us a new covenant.
We praise and worship you.
All praise and glory and honor we lay at your feet.
Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments below.
We are thankful for you.
Be BLESSED this day.
Robyn and Biff
And I will meet you here again tomorrow. See you then.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.