read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Foretells the Future
Today's Passage: Matthew 24:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
1. As Jesus was leaving the Temple grounds,
his disciples pointed out to him the various Temple buildings.
2. But he responded, "Do you see all these
buildings? I tell you the truth,
they will be completely demolished.
Not one stone will be left on top of another!"
3. Later, Jesus sat on the Mount of Olives.
His disciples came to him privately and said,
"Tell us, when will all this happen?
What sign will signal your return and the end of the world?"
4. Jesus told them, "Don't let anyone mislead you,
5. for many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah.'
They will deceive many.
6. And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don't panic.
Yes, these things must take place, but the end won't follow immediately.
7. Nation will go to war against nation and kingdom against kingdom.
There will be famine and earthquakes in many parts of the world.
8. but all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.
9. "Then you will be arrested, persecuted, and killed.
You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers
10. And many will turn away from me and betray and hate each other.
11. And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people.
12. Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold.
13. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
14. And the Good News about the Kingdom
will be preached throughout the whole world,
so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.
Matthew 24: 1-14 NLT
Chose three important verses that speak to you today.
Thank you for Your words to us Jesus.
We have lived thousands of years waiting for your return.
However, Your words remind us to be alert.
We know not what Your plan is.
Give us steadfastness to keep our eyes on the horizon.
Remind us to never let ourselves be caught off guard.
You will return.
And when You do, it won't be a pretty sight.
So give us strength to prepare by placing Your words in our hearts and in our minds.
Thank you Jesus
In Your name Jeshoshua
Thank you LORD for those who are here today.
Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments below.
And, I'll be back.
I pray you will be too.
Robyn & Biff
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.