read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Love for Enemies
1. Today's Passage: Luke 6:27-36
I once again encourage you to read in your own bible.
(I've started a new bible and am enjoying working through it with each of our passages.)
Or check out Bible Gateway and try some different versions by clicking here.
Or, I've typed the passage from the New Living Testament (NLT) below.
27. "But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you.
28. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.
29. If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also.
30. Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don't try to get them back.
31. Do to others as you would like them to do to you.
32. "If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them!
33. And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much!
34. And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, why should you get credit? Even sinners will lend to other sinners for a full return.
35. "Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked.
36. You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate." Luke 6:27-36 NLT
2. A very familiar passage.
Usually means taking a look at it from a different perspective will lead to new insights.
Please check out #3 in the Reading, Reflecting Strategies page - click here.
3. This passage is a powerful life passage.
I pray that you will let it sink into you.
I pray that it will sink into me.
4. Please leave your name and last initial in the comments below.
We value your presence here on this page.
We are blessed by your presence,
and your heartfelt seeking of God.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe? Feel free to unsubscribe at anytime.
Simply type in Unsubscribe in the subject line and send the email to: email@example.com
RR&BC,LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO Copying Allowed of this Private Membership Page
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.