read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: Matthew 24:37-51
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
37. "When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah's day.
38. In those days before the flood,
the people were enjoying banquets and parties and
weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat.
39. People didn't realize that was going to happen until the flood came
and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes.
40. "Two men will be working together in the field; one will be taken, the other left.
41. Two women will be grinding flour at the mill; one will be taken, the other left.
42. "So you, too, must keep watch! For you don't know what day your Lord is coming.
43. Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming,
he would keep watch and not permit his house to be broken into.
44. You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.
45. "A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility
of managing his other household servants and feeding them.
46. If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job,
there will be a reward.
47. I tell you the truth, the master will put that servant in charge of all he owns.
48. But what if the servant is evil and thinks, 'My master won't be back for a while,'
49. and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk?
50. The master will return unannounced and unexpected,
51. and he will cut the servant to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites.
In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Matthew 24:37-51 NLT
Let's use the same strategy we used off and on this week.
I believe it is a profound help with verses like this.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
3. A prayer today:
Please LORD, give us wisdom as to how to prepare for your return.
We don't want to be caught ever being that evil servant.
Remind us daily to turn our hearts toward YOU.
Keep our minds in the midst of the battle.
Don't let us grow weary in doing good.
Make new our days to be 'at the ready' for anything You have in store for us.
We love you Jesus.
In your name we pray, Jesus Sweet Jehoshua
Because Biff and I love you, we desire to be in this life of reflection alongside of you.
Please feel free to share what God is laying on your heart.
I understand if you are not a writer.
Your names are a sign of your being here in spirit and in love of God.
It doesn't change anything except community.
And then again, if you are not up to it. :-)
You are still welcome :-)
We honestly miss you when you're not here.
And I'll be back.
I pray you will too.
Robyn & Biff
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.