read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Sons of Israel
Today's Passage: Genesis 35:16-29
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Author: Moses, according to tradition.
Date Written: 1450-1410 BC)
16. Leaving Bethel, Jacob and his clan moved on toward Ephrath.
But Rachel went into labor while they were still some distance away.
Her labor pains were intense.
17. After a very hard delivery the midwife finally exclaimed,
"Don't be afraid⏤you have another son!"
18. Rachel was about to die but with her last breath
she named the baby Ben-oni (which means "son of my sorrow").
The baby's father, however, called him Benjamin
(which means "son of my right hand").
19. So Rachel died and was buried on the way to
Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem).
20. Jacob set up a stone monument over Rachel's grave,
and it can be seen there to this day.
21. Then Jacob traveled on and camped beyond Migdal-eder.
22. While he was living there, Reuben had intercourse with Bilhah,
his father's concubine, and Jacob soon heard about it.
These are the names of the twelve sons of Jacob:
23. The sons of Leah were Reuben (Jacob's oldest son),
Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun.
24. The sons of Rachel were Joseph and Benjamin.
25. The sons of Bilhah, Rachel's servant were Dan and Naphtali.
26. The sons of Zilpah, Leah's servant, were Gad and Asher.
These are the names of the sons who were born to Jacob at Paddan-aram.
27. So Jacob returned to his father, Isaac, in Mamre,
which is near Kiriath-arba (now called Hebron),
where Abraham and Isaac had both lived as foreigners
28. Isaac lived for 180 years.
29. Then he breathed his last and died at a ripe old age,
joining his ancestors in death.
And his sons, Esau and Jacob, buried him.
Genesis 35:16-29 NLT
15th strategy. Imagine
Thank You Elohim.
Thank You for being with Jacob.
Thank You for being with us.
Abba, sweet Abba, thank you.
Allow us to enter into the sadness we experience with you at our side.
Allow us to meet the challenges set before us.
Allow us to listen and be guided where you desire us to go.
Thank you LORD. You are the Great Shepherd that leads us, Your sheep.
We love you.
in your precious name we pray
Thank you for being here today.
Please leave your name and your last initial.
There is much here to ponder.
I am praying for each of you by name. Never forget that.
And God is the El Roi. He sees you and He knows where you are.
And I'll be back here tomorrow.
I hope you will be too.
Be Blessed in His Abundance today.
Robyn & Biff
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.