read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Job Says His Friends' Proverbs are Ashes
Today's Passage: Job 13:1-28
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Author: Uncertain - Jewish tradition regards Moses as the author;
others have suggested Job himself as the author.
Date Written: Uncertain, though some of the events recorded and vocabulary used
suggest it was written during the time of the patriarchs, between 2000 and 1800 BC)
Job answers his friends.
1. "Look, I have seen all this with my own eyes and
heard it with my own ears, and now I understand.
2. I know as much as you do.
You are not better than I am.
3. As for me, I would speak directly to the Almighty.
I want to argue my case with God himself.
4. As for you, you smear me with lies.
As physicians, you are worthless quacks.
5. If only you could be silent!
That's the wisest thing you could do.
6. Listen to my charge; pay attention to my arguments.
7." Are you defending God with lies?
Do you make your dishonest arguments for his sake?
8. Will you slant your testimony in his favor?
Will you argue God's case for him?
9. What will happen when he finds out what you are doing?
Can you fool him as easily as you fool people?
10. No, you will be in trouble with him if you secretly
slant your testimony in his favor.
11. Doesn't his majesty terrify you?
Doesn't your fear of him overwhelm you?
12. Your platitudes are as valuable as ashes.
Your defense is as fragile as a clay pot.
13. "Be silent now and leave me alone.
Let me speak, and I will face the consequences.
14. Yes, I will take my life in my hands and say what I really think.
15. God might kill me, but I have no other hope.
I am going to argue my case with him.
16. But this is what will save me⏤I am not godless.
If I were, I could not stand before him.
17. "Listen closely to what I am about to say. Hear me out.
18. I have prepared my case; I will be proved innocent.
19. Who can argue with me over this?
And if you prove me wrong, I will remain silent and die.
20. "O God, grant me these two things,
and then I will be able to face you.
21. Remove your heavy hand from me,
and don't terrify me with your awesome presence.
22. Now summon me, and I will answer!
Or let me speak to you, and you reply.
23. Tell me, what have I done wrong?
Show me my rebellion and my sin.
24. Why do you turn away from me?
Why do you treat me as your enemy?
25. Would you terrify a leaf blown by the wind?
Would you chase dry straw?
26. "You write bitter accusations against me and
bring up all the sins of my youth.
27. You put my feet in stocks
You examine all my paths.
You trace all my footprints.
28. I waste away like rotting wood, like a moth-eaten coat.
Job 13:1-28 NLT
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
Simple acts of meditation are not difficult.
If they were difficult God would not encourage every person to do them.
They are sometimes uncomfortable.
But they are always profitable.
They bring us closer to the heart of God. We are to Hide His Words In Our Hearts.
We welcome you into our hearts sweet Abba.
Thank you for all you are doing in our lives.
As we read about Job and know that he was a man who loved you.
Allow us to place ourselves in your hands as he did.
Not without questioning. Not even without anger.
You know right where we are in our hearts.
It is never a surprise to you.
But trusting that You are God and You are over all.
Please help us in our trials.
Allow us to receive them from Your hand.
Teach us, hone us, hold us. Do whatever You want in our lives.
Help us receive from your hand.
You are a Good Good Father.
Remind us of that every day.
In your name we pray.
Jehoshua bless us, protect us, lead us, and hold us.
So thankful for your presence on the page today.
Be sure and leave your name and last initial here so we can enjoy you today.
And I will be here again tomorrow.
I hope you will be here too.
Robyn and Biff
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.