read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Young Shulammite Bride and Jerusalem's Daughters
Today's Passage: Song of Solomon 1:1-17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
(An Aside: Song of Solomon is a love story. There is no other book of the bible like it.)
1. This is Solomon's song of songs, more wonderful than any other.
2. Kiss me and kiss me again, for your love is sweeter than wine.
3. How fragrant your cologne; your name is like its spreading fragrance.
No wonder all the young women love you!
4. Take me with you; come, let's run!
The king has brought me into his bedroom.
Young Women of Jerusalem
How happy we are for you, O king,
We praise your love even more than wine.
How right they are to adore you.
5. I am dark but beautiful, O women of Jerusalem⏤
dark as the tents of Kedar,
dark as the curtains of Solomon's tents.
6. Don't stare at me because I am dark ⏤
the sun has darkened my skin.
My brothers were angry with me;
they forced me to care for their vineyards, so I couldn't care for myself ⏤
my own vineyard.
7. Tell me, my love, where are you leading your flock today?
Where will you rest your sheep at noon?
For why should I wander like a prostitute among your friends and their flocks?
8. If you don't know, O most beautiful woman, follow the trail of my flock,
and graze your young goats by the shepherds' tents.
9. You are as exciting, my darling, as a mare among Pharaoh's stallions.
10. How lovely are your cheeks; your earrings set them afire!
How lovely is your neck, enhanced by a string of jewels.
11. We will make for you earrings of gold and beads of silver.
12. The king is lying on his couch, enchanted by the fragrance of my perfume.
13. My lover is like a sachet of myrrh lying between my breasts.
14. He is like a bouquet of sweet henna blossoms from the vineyards of En-gedi.
15. How beautiful you are, my darling, how beautiful!
Your eyes are like doves.
16. You are so handsome, my love, pleasing beyond words!
The soft grass is our bed;
17. fragrant cedar branches are the beams of our house,
and pleasant smelling firs are the rafters.
Song of Songs 1
2nd strategy is meditation in
We come before you as you reveal this love story bit by bit to us.
Keep us aware of the deep meaning of this book.
Remind us that you are our Bridegroom.
Remind us that this story is written for us to read; we want to get to know the characters.
Help us move through this passage with insight.
In your name
Thank you for joining us today.
Please leave your name and your first initial.
If God has presented you with a new thought, or a praise, please share.
We love you.
Remember I am praying for you.
And I'll be here again tomorrow.
I hope you will be too.
Because HE IS the i am
we pray for Blessings on your day.
Robyn and Biff
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.