read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Bride's Admiration
Today's Passage: Song of Songs 2:1-17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
(An Aside: Are you recognizing who is speaking when? There are different characters speaking the words. On the eighth day of Passover the Jews
would sing portions of the Song of Solomon - also known as the Song of Songs.
These words were thought by the Jews to be similar to the most holy place in the temple.)
1. I am the spring crocus blooming on the Sharon Plain, the lily of the Valley.
2. Like a lily among thistles is my darling among young women.
3. Like the finest apple tree in the orchard is my lover among other young men.
I sit in his delightful shade and taste his delicious fruit.
4. He escorts me to the banquet hall;
it's obvious how much he loves me.
5. Strengthen me with raisin cakes, refresh me with apples, for I am weak with love.
6. His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me.
7. Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, by the gazelles and wild deer,
not to awaken love until the time is right.
8. Ah, I hear my lover coming!
He is leaping over the mountains, bounding over the hills.
9. My lover is like a swift gazelle or a young stag.
Look, there he is behind the wall, looking through the window,
peering into the room.
10. My lover said to me,
"Rise up, my darling!
Come away with me, my fair one!
11. Look, the winter is past, and the rains are over and gone.
12. The flowers are springing up, the season of singing birds has come,
and the cooing of turtledoves fills the air.
13. The fig trees are forming young fruit, and the fragrant grapevines are blossoming.
Rise up, my darling!
Come away with me, my fair one!"
14. My dove is hiding behind the rocks, behind an outcrop on the cliff.
Let me see your face; let me hear your voice.
For your voice is pleasant and your face is lovely.
Young Women of Jerusalem
15. Catch all the foxes, those little foxes, before they ruin the vineyard of love,
for the grapevines are blossoming!
16. My lover is mine, and I am his. He browses among the lilies.
17. Before the dawn breezes blow and the night shadows flee,
return to me, my love, like a gazelle or a young stag on the rugged mountains.
Song of Songs 2:1-17 NLT
1st strategy is taken from the ancients -
We come to you this day recognizing that you sit in the heavenlies.
We thank you Jesus Christ for coming as our Great High Priest
allowing us to enter into the presence of our mighty God.
God in his graciousness allows us to call him Daddy.
The passage set before us is a love story.
Remind us how to love well.
In your name we pray,
Thank you for being here today.
We encourage you to share your name and your first initial.
We always enjoy it when you are able to share a word of encouragement or
our God from His Words.
And I'll be back here again tomorrow,
I hope that you will too.
Blessings on your day
Robyn & Biff
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.