read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Admiration of the Bridegroom
Today's Passage: Song of Songs 7:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
(An Aside: It is now debated that this book could have been written anywhere between
the centuries of 2 BC and the 10 BC)
1. How beautiful are your sandaled feet, O queenly maiden.
Your rounded thighs are like jewels, the work of a skilled craftsman.
2. Your navel is perfectly formed like a goblet filled with mixed wine.
Between your thighs lies a mound of wheat bordered with lilies.
3. Your breasts are like two fawns, twin fawns of a gazelle.
4. Your neck is as beautiful as an ivory tower.
Your eyes are like the sparkling pools in Heshbon by the gate of Bath-rabbim.
Your nose is as fine as the tower of Lebanon overlooking Damascus.
5. Your head is as majestic as Mount Carmel, and the sheen of your hair radiates royalty.
The king is held captive by its tresses.
6. Oh, how beautiful you are!
How pleasing, my love, how full of delights!
7. You are slender like a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters of fruit.
8. I said, "I will climb the palm tree and take hold of its fruit."
May your breasts be like grape clusters, and the fragrance of your breath like apples.
9. May your kisses be as exciting as the best wine, flowing gently over lips and teeth.
10. I am my lover's and he claims me as his own.
11. Come, my love, let us go out to the fields and spend the night among the wildflowers.
12. Let us get up early and go to the vineyards to see if the grapevines have budded, if
the blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates have bloomed.
There I will give you my love.
13. There the mandrakes give off their fragrance, and the finest fruits are at our door,
new delights as well as old, which I have saved for you, my lover.
Song of Songs 7:1-13 NLT
It is speculated that King Solomon did write this book.
It is debated to this day.
One thing that is clear.
Those that were more closely living to the times,
at the beginning when Jews gathering together scripture to be placed in the canon,
believed this book to be a valid and important scripture to be canonized.
That has never been debated.
So even though we do not know who wrote the book,
we can be confident that it is placed in the bible as a book for a reason.
It is received by both Jews and Christians as Breathed Words from God.
Read this passage and ask how it meets you in your heart.
Thank you for giving this very poetic description.
We are filled with awe at the words and the love that is described here.
May we recognize the holiness that is placed in our hearts by
elevating love to this holy nature.
Thank you LORD.
In your name we pray
Please leave your name and your initial in the comments below.
We would love to know your thoughts on this section of the Song of Songs.
Share if you are blessed, have questions, or desire to make assessments.
We love your sharing. We don't expect to have answers. Mostly questions.
That is what God is for. He will answer our questions as we seek Him.
We here at RR&BC trust Him to bring you answers.
He is big enough to handle them all.
And I will be here again tomorrow.
I hope that you will be too.
Be Blessed in this Day of
becoming closer to Him.
Robyn and Biff
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.