read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Good Shepherd and His Sheep
Today's Passage: John 10:1-19
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Author: John the apostle; son of Zebedee and brother of James the apostle.
Date Written: Around AD 90)
1. "I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold,
rather than going through the gate must surely be a thief and a robber!
2. But the one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
3. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him,
and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him.
He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4. After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them,
and they follow him because they know his voice.
5. They won't follow a stranger;
they will run from him because they don't know his voice."
6. Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn't understand what he meant,
7. so he explained it to them: "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
8. All who came before me were thieves and robbers.
But the true sheep did not listen to them.
9. Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved.
They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.
10. The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy.
My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
11. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.
12. A hired hand will run when he sees a wolf coming.
He will abandon the sheep because they don't belong to him
and he isn't their shepherd. And the wolf attacks them and scatters the flock.
13. The hired hand runs away because he's working only for the money
and doesn't really care about the sheep.
14. "I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,
15. just as my Father knows me and I know the Father.
So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.
16. I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold.
I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice,
and there will be one flock with one shepherd.
17. "The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again.
18. No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily.
For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to
and also to take it up again.
For this is what my Father has commanded."
19. When he said these things, the people were again
divided in their opinions about him.
John 10:1-19 NLT
Jesus speaks in this chapter.
Traditionally we use red lettering to signify His actual words.
I recommend the 8th strategy. Would you choose another?
Chose three important verses that speak to you today.
Thank you LORD,
These verses meet us in places that only You know.
They might be familiar, and yet they can be new.
Help us see them in new light and with new fire.
So many truths about You being our Great Shepherd.
We can learn so much and have heard how a shepherd treats his sheep.
Help us be sheep in your flock.
Protect us from the prey that is set against us.
In your name we pray,
Please leave your name and your last initial.
It is a good thing to be here.
I pray that you are benefiting from time with Him.
Remember, I am lifting you up in prayer, by name, daily.
And I will be here again tomorrow.
I pray that you will join me.
Be Blessed Sweet Jesus Followers
Robyn and Biff send love,
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.