read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
I Have Been Forgiven Much
1. Today's Passage: Luke 7:40-50
Please read from you own Bible
You can also find Bible Gateway to have several different translations: click here.
Or, read the New Living Translation NLT below:
40. Then Jesus answered his thoughts. "Simon," he said to the Pharisee, "I have something to say to you."
"Go ahead, Teacher," Simon replied.
41. Then Jesus told him this story: "A man loaned money to two people, 5 pieces of silver to one and 50 pieces to the other.
42. But neither of them could repay him so he kindly forgave them both, canceling their debts. Who do you suppose loved him more after that?"
43. Simon answered, "I suppose the one for whom he canceled the larger debt."
"That's right." Jesus said.
44. Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Look at this woman kneeling here. When I entered your home, you didn't offer me water to wash the dust from my feet, but she has washed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
45. You didn't greet me with a kiss, but from the time I first came in, she has not stopped kissing my feet.
46. You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head, but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume.
47. "I tell you, her sins, and they are many, have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love"
48. Then Jesus said to the woman, "Your sins are forgiven."
49. The men at the table said among themselves, "Who is this man, that he goes around forgiving sins?"
50. And Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." Luke 7:40-50 NLT
2. What emotion does this passage evoke from you?
Reading His Words - Him talking to us
Reflecting on those Words - Us talking to Him
Sharing with each other - Us testifying to His Glory
4. Please comment with your name and your first initial below.
Please share - it is a blessing always.
Problems? Let us know by sending an email to Biff at: email@example.com
Unsubscribe? Feel free at any time. Just write UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line of an email to:
RR&BC,LLC©2016 All writing protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on this membership page
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.