read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Believers are Dead to Sin, Alive to God
Today's Passage: Romans 6:1-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You LORD,
We come to this reading to seek you.
Thank you for all you have done and are doing.
Please cleanse our hearts to hear your voice.
In your name Jehoshua,
1. Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more
and more of his wonderful grace?
2. Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?
3. Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism,
we joined him in his death?
4. For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism.
And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father,
now we also may live new lives.
5. Since we have been united with him in his death,
we will also be raised to life as he was.
6. We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with
Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin.
7. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.
8. And since we died with Christ, we know we will also live with him.
9. We are sure of this because Christ was raised from the dead, and he will never die again.
Death no longer has any power over him.
10. When he died, he died once to break the power of sin. But now that he lives,
he lives for the glory of God.
11. So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin
and alive to God through Christ Jesus.
17. Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires.
13. Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin.
Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead,
but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument
to do what is right for the glory of God.
14. Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the
requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God's grace.
15. Well then, since God's grace has set us free from the law,
does that mean we can go on sinning! Of course not!
16. Don't you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey?
You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God,
which leads to righteous living.
17. Thank God!
Once you were slaves of sin,
but now you wholeheartedly obey this teaching we have given you.
18. Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.
Romans 6:1-18 NLT
18th strategy. RAIN DOWN BLESSINGS
Thank you Lord for all you have done.
Your blessings are new every morning.
We read Your words and find nuggets of wisdom, strength and blessing.
Thank you LORD for this day.
In Jehoshua's name we pray
Please leave your name and your last initial.
Share what you can of your revelations. We are encouraged by each other.
We are all on this journey and He is changing and molding us every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Blessings abounding. That is our prayer for you.
Robyn and Biff,
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.