read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus the Example
Today's Passage: Hebrews 12:1-12
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank you Jehoshua, Jesus Christ.
This moment we open our hearts to you.
Please prepare our minds, our hearts and our hands.
In your precious name we pray.
Author: Uncertain; some have suggested Paul, Barnabas, Apollos, Priscilla, Luke, and others
Date Written: Probably around AD68, a few years before the destruction of the Temple
in Jerusalem in AD70.
1. Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses
to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially
the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God
has set before us.
2. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates
and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross,
disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne.
3. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won't
become weary and give up.
4. After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.
5. And have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you
as his children? He said,
"My child, don't make light of the LORD'S discipline,
and don't give up when he corrects you.
6. For the LORD disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes each one he accepts as his child."
7. As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating
you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never
disciplined by its father?
8. If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, it means
that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all.
9. Since we respected our earthly fathers who disciplined us, shouldn't
we submit even more to the discipline of the Father of our spirits, and live forever?
10. For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they
knew how. But God's discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness.
11. No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening⏤it's painful! But afterward there
will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.
12. So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees.
13. Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak
and lame will not fall but become strong.
Hebrews 12:1-12 NLT
Oh wouldn't I love to take this phrase by phrase and meditate on it for years.
However, for our purposes today,
we read only twelve verses.
5th strategy. A simple strategy: Building Blocks
Thank you Abba,
I can hardly breathe for the comfort that overflows my heart from this passage.
Not easy, but good.
Bring us closer to Your heart dear LORD.
This is our desire.
Keep our eyes on you.
We love you.
In your name,
Please leave your name and last initial in the comments below.
We pray that you will find peace and comfort from our community.
We are growing. At this moment we have several countries being represented, as well as, several denominations. PRAISE GOD!
May you feel your heart growing more and more intimate with the God who IS.
We are so thankful for each of you.
Remember I am praying for you.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.