read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word
Today's Passage: John 1:1-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
O God allow our hearts to comprehend even one more word than we did yesterday
in the passage set before us.
Allow our hearts to obey.
We will never understand You completely.
But help us to seek You.
In You I pray,
Author: John the apostle, son of Zebedee and brother of James the apostle
Date Written: Around AD90
1. In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God and the Word was God.
2. He existed in the beginning with God.
3. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.
4. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone.
5. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.
6. God sent a man, John the Baptist,
7. to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony.
8. John himself was not the light; he was simply a witness to tell about the light.
9. The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.
10. He came into the very world he created, but the world didn't recognize him.
11. He came to his own people, and even they rejected him.
12. But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
13. They are reborn ⏤not with physical birth resulting from human passion or plan,
but a birth that comes from God.
14. So the Word became human and made his home among us.
He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory,
the glory of the father's one and only Son.
15. John testified about him when he shouted to the crowds.
"This is the one I was talking about when I said, 'Someone is coming after me who
is far greater than I am, for he existed long before me.'"
16. From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.
17. For the law was given through Moses, but God's unfailing love and
faithfulness came through Jesus Christ.
18. No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God,
is near to the Father's heart. He has revealed God to us.
John 1:1-18 NLT
5th strategy. A simple strategy: Building Blocks
Remember this is simply my suggestion.
Click here for more ideas.
And of course, feel free to come up with your own!
This revelation of Your Word
shakes our fiber.
Thank You for giving of Yourself to us.
May You receive all Glory, all Honor, all Praise.
in Your name,
Please leave your name and your last initial.
We are so thankful for your presence here on this page.
Know that we are still figuring things out. That will probably be constant.
But, God is going before and we are encouraged.
Thank you to all who have joined. We know you are going through adjustments to put us into your schedule.
Keep your eyes on God. HE is the great El Roi and sees you.
Remember I am praying for you - DAILY!
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.