read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Sons of Israel
Today's Passage: Genesis 35:16-29
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
16. Leaving Bethel, Jacob and his clan moved on toward Ephrath.
But Rachel went into labor while they were still some distance away.
Her labor pains were intense.
17. After a very hard delivery, the midwife finally exclaimed,
"Don't be afraid ⏤you have another son!"
18. Rachel was about to die, but with her last breath
she named the baby Ben-oni (which means "son of my sorrow").
The baby's father, however, called him Benjamin (which means "son of my right hand").
19. So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is Bethlehem).
20. Jacob set up a stone monument over Rachel's grave,
and it can be seen there to this day.
21. Then Jacob traveled on and camped beyond Migdal-eder.
22. While he was living there, Reuben had intercourse with Bilhah,
is father's concubine, and Jacob soon heard about it.
These are the names of the twelve sons of Jacob:
23. The sons of Leah were Reuben (Jacob's oldest son), Simeon,
Levi, Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun.
24. The sons of Rachel were Joseph and Benjamin.
25. The sons of Bilhah,, Rachel's servant, were Dan and Naphtali.
26. The sons of Zilpah, Leah's servant, were Gad and Asher.
These are the names of the sons who were born to Jacob at Paddan-aram.
27. So Jacob returned to his father, Isaac in Mamre, which is near Kiriath-arba
(now called Hebron), where Abraham and Isaac had both lived as foreigners.
28. Isaac lived for 180 years.
29. Then he breathed his last and died at a ripe old age, joining his ancestors in death.
And his sons, Esau and Jacob, buried him.
15th strategy. Imagine
Thank You LORD, for allowing us to be here.
Be with us as we go throughout this day.
Allow us to come to know better how to understand the people you
wrote about in Your word.
Teach us what you want us to learn from their lives.
In Your name, Jehoshua, we pray this.
For your glory to be shown.
Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments below.
You may leave a comment in the comment box.
But if you do not desire to comment, simply place a period in the comment box.
It is in the process of being changed.
We are so excited to have you here.
It is a good place to be together.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.