read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Eyes of the LORD
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 21:1-29
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. Now there was a man named Naboth, from Jezreel, who owned a
vineyard in Jezreel beside the palace of King Ahab of Samaria.
2. One day Ahab said to Naboth, "Since your vineyard is so convenient
to my palace, I would like to buy it to use as a vegetable garden.
I will give you a better vineyard in exchange, or if you prefer, I will pay you for it."
3. But Naboth replied, "The Lord forbid that I should give you the inheritance
that was passed down by my ancestors."
4. So Ahab went home angry and sullen because of Naboth's answer.
The king went to bed with his face to the wall and refused to eat!
5. "What's the matter?" his wife Jezebel asked him. "What's made you
so upset that you're not eating?"
6. I asked Naboth to sell me his vineyard or trade it, but he refused!" Ahab told her.
7. "Are you the king of Israel or not?" Jezebel demanded. "Get up and eat something,
and don't worry about it. I'll get you Naboth's vineyard!"
8. So she wrote letters in Ahab's name, sealed them with his seal,
and sent them to the elders and the other leaders of the town where Naboth lived.
9. In her letters she commanded:"Call the citizens together for a time of fasting,
and give Naboth a place of honor.
10. And then seat two scoundrels across from him who will accuse
him of cursing God and the king. Then take him out and stone him to death."
11. So the elders and other town leaders followed the instructions
Jezebel had written in letters.
12. They called for a fast and put Naboth at a prominent place before the people.
13. Then the two scoundrels came and sat down across from him.
And they accused Naboth before all the people, saying, "He cursed God and the King."
So he was dragged outside the town and stoned to death.
14. The town leaders then sent word to Jezebel, "Naboth has been stoned to death."
15. When Jezebel heard the news, she said to Ahab, "You know the
vineyard Naboth wouldn't sell you? Well, you can have it now! He's dead!"
16. So Ahab immediately went down to the vineyard of Naboth to claim it.
17. But the Lord said to Elijah,
18. "Go down to meet King Ahab of Israel, who rules in Samaria.
He will be at Naboth's vineyard in Jezreel, claiming it for himself.
19. Give him this message; "This is what the Lord says: Wasn't it enough
that you killed Naboth? Must you rob him, too? Because you have done this,
dogs will lick your blood at the very place where they licked the blood of Naboth!'"
20. "So, my enemy, you have found me! Ahab exclaimed to Elijah. "Yes,"
Elijah answer, "I have come because you have sold yourself to what is evil i
n the LORD"s sight.
21. So now the Lord says, 'I will bring disaster on you and consume you.
I will destroy every one of your male descendants, slave and free alike,
anywhere in Israel!
22. I am going to destroy your family as I did the family of Jeroboam
son of Nabat and the family of Baasha son of Ahijah, for you have made
me very angry and have led Israel into sin.
23. "And regarding Jezebel, the Lord says, 'Dogs will eat Jezebel's body
at the plot of land in Jezreel.'
24. "The members of Ahab's family who die in the city will be eaten by dogs,
and those who die in the field will be eaten by vultures."
25. (No one else so completely sold himself to what was evil in the Lord's
sight as Ahab did under the influence of his wife Jezebel.
26. His worst outrage was worshiping idols just as the Amorites had
done ⏤ the people whom the Lord had driven out from the land
ahead of Israelites.)
27. But when Ahab heard this message, he tore his clothing, dressed
in burlap, and fasted. He even slept in burlap and went about in deep mourning.
28. Then another message from the Lord came to Elijah:
29. "Do you see how Ahab has humbled himself before me?
Because he has done this, I will not do what I promised during his lifetime.
It will happen to his sons; I will destroy his dynasty.
1 Kings 21:1-29 NLT
History - Oh wow, that is where it comes from.
Again, I would like to emphasize, simple acts of meditation are not so much difficult, as uncomfortable.
God wants you to know how His story happened.
How He created the earth, made his children, and how traditions became interwoven into his family.
Thank you for your grace.
Thank you for your guidance.
Thank you dear Father for your love.
In Jehoshua's name we pray
Please leave your first and last initial and any comments that might settle in your spirit over this very powerful scripture.
We are interested to hear what God might lay on your heart from this passage.
Remember I am praying for you - DAILY!
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.