read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Thanksgiving and Prayer
Today's Passage: Colossians 1:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. This letter is from Paul, chosen by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus,
and from our brother Timothy.
2. We are writing to God's holy people in the city of Colosse, who are faithful
brothers and sisters in Christ.
May God our Father give you grace and peace.
3. We always pray for you, and we give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
4. For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all of God's people,
5. which come from your confident hope of what God has reserved for you in heaven.
You have had this expectation ever since you first heard the truth of the Good News.
6. This same Good News that came to you is going out all over the world.
It is bearing fruit everywhere by changing lives, just as it changed your lives
from the day you first heard and understood the truth about God's wonderful grace.
7. You learned about the Good News from Epaphras, our beloved co-worker.
He is Christ's faithful servant, and he is helping us on your behalf.
8. He has told us about the love for others that the Holy Spirit has given you.
9. So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you.
We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you
spiritual wisdom and understanding.
10. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord,
and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while,
you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.
11. We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power
so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy,
12. always thanking the Father. He has enables you to share in the
inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light.
13. For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred
us into the Kingdom of his dear Son,
14. who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.
Colossians 1:1-14 NLT
Praising and Thanking God.
Praise You for all You are.
You want us to be with You. You don't need us, You desire to be with us.
How surprising it is that a God who is All, who is the Greatest, desires our hearts to be His.
Please allow us to yield to You.
To surrender our lives moment by moment in praise and gratitude.
Give us Your peace that passes all understanding in this world of conflict.
In your name, Jehoshua, we pray.
Please leave your first and last initials in the name boxes below.
We encourage you to leave a comment.
However, if you don't feel comfortable yet, please know that is not required.
Simply place a period in the comment box.
We are thankful for your visiting the page today.
I am praying for each of you.
God is moving in my life, Biff's life, and
I am hearing that He is moving in your lives in interesting ways.
Know that it is His job to prick and change our hearts.
May the Holy Spirit have freedom to open, change, and cleanse us in our lives.
Thank you again for coming here.
We are on a loving adventure.
Remember I am praying for you - DAILY!
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.