read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Devastation of Locust
Today's Passage: Joel 1:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. The LORD gave this message to Joel son of Pethuel.
2. Hear this, you leaders of the people. Listen, all who live in the land. In all your history,
has anything like this happened before?
3. Tell your children about it in the years to come, and let your children tell their children.
Pass the story down from generation to generation.
4. After the cutting locusts finished eating the crops, the swarming locusts took what was left!
After them came the hopping locusts, and then the stripping locusts, too!
5. Wake up, you drunkards, and weep! Wail, all you wine-drinkers! All the grapes are ruined,
and all your sweet wine is gone.
6. A vast army of locusts has invaded my land, a terrible army too numerous to count.
Its teeth are like lions' teeth, its fangs like those of a lioness.
7. It has destroyed my grapevines and ruined my fig trees, stripping their bark
and destroying it, leaving the branches white and bare.
8. Weep like a bride dressed in black, mourning the death of her husband.
9. For there is no grain or wine to offer at the Temple of the LORD. So the priests are mourning.
The ministers of the LORD are weeping.
10. The fields are ruined, the land is stripped bare. The grain is destroyed,
the grapes have shriveled, and the olive oil is gone.
11. Despair, all you farmers! Wail, all you vine growers! Weep, because the wheat
and the barley ⏤ all the crops of the field ⏤are ruined.
12. The grapevines have dried up, and the fig trees have withered. The pomegranate trees, palm trees, and apple trees ⏤all the fruit trees ⏤have dried up. And the people's joy has dried
up with them.
13.Dress yourselves in burlap and weep, you priests! Wail, you who serve before the altar!
Come, spend the night in burlap, you ministers of my God. For there is no grain or
wine to offer at the Temple of your God.
14. Announce a time of fasting; call the people together for a solemn meeting.
Bring the leaders and all the people of the land into the Temple of the LORD your God,
and cry out to him there.
15. The day of the LORD is near, the day when destruction comes from the Almighty.
How terrible that day will be!
16. Our food disappears before our very eyes. No joyful celebrations are held
in the house of our God.
17. The seeds die in the parched ground, and the grain crops fail.
The barns stand empty, and granaries are abandoned.
18. How the animals moan with hunger! The herds of cattle wander about confused,
because they have no pasture. The flocks of sheep and goats bleat in misery.
19. LORD, help us! The fire has consumed the wilderness pastures,
and flames have burned up all the trees.
20. Even the wild animals cry out to you because the streams have dried up,
and fire has consumed the wilderness pastures.
Joel 1:1-20 NLT
Prophesy and/or Warnings
You are God, we are not.
You have control over all.
We do not.
You are good.
We are only righteous through your Son.
Give us what you want us to know over the verses and passages that are confusing to us.
Help us see you and your wisdom in these passages.
In your name we pray,
Please leave your last and first initial.
We are thankful for your presence here today.
I would appreciate it if each of you would take some time to celebrate.
Several of you have been here for several months.
If you have been here for over 200 days, please consider celebrating in some way.
AND, if you don't mind sharing that celebration in the comments that would be awesome.
What did you do, pray for, experience as you realized you have been here for over 200 days?
Please share with us.
I am praying for you today!
Remember I am praying for you - DAILY!
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at rrandbc@readthebiblewithroby
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.