read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Job Speaks of Wisdom and Understanding
Today's Passage: Job 28:1-28
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. "People know where to mine silver and how to refine gold.
2. They know where to dig iron from the earth and how to smelt copper from rock.
3. They know how to shine light in the darkness and explore the farthest regions
of the earth as they search in the dark for ore.
4. They sink a mine shaft into the earth far from where anyone lives.
They descend on ropes, swinging back and forth.
5. Food is grown on the earth above, but down below, the earth is melted as by fire.
6. Here the rocks contain precious lapis lazuli, and the dust contains gold.
7. These are treasures no bird of prey can see, no falcon's eye observe.
8. No wild animal has walked upon these treasures; no lion has ever set has paw there.
9. People know how to tear apart flinty rocks and overturn the roots of mountains.
10. They cut tunnels in the rocks and uncover precious stones.
11. They dam up the trickling streams and bring to light the hidden treasures.
12. "But do people know where to find wisdom? Where can they find understanding?
13. No one knows where to find it, for it is not found among the living.
14. 'It is not here,' says the ocean. 'Nor is it here,' says the sea.
15. It cannot be bought with gold. It cannot be purchased with silver.
16. It's worth more than all the gold of Ophir, greater than precious onyx or lapis lazuli.
17. Wisdom is more valuable than gold and crystal. It cannot be purchased
with jewels mounted in fine gold.
18. Coral and jasper are worthless in trying to get it. The price of wisdom is far above rubies.
19. Precious peridot from Ethiopia cannot be exchanged for it.
It's worth more than the purest gold.
20. "But do people know where to find wisdom? Where can they find understanding?
21. It is hidden from the eyes of all humanity. Even the sharp-eyed birds in the sky
cannot discover it.
22. Destruction and Death say, 'We've heard only rumors of where wisdom can be found.'
23. "God alone understands the way to wisdom; he knows where it can be found,
24. for he looks throughout the whole earth and sees everything under the heavens.
25. He decided how hard the winds would blow and how much rain should fall.
26. He made the laws for the rain and laid out a path for the lightning.
27. Then he saw wisdom and evaluated it. He set it in place and examined it thoroughly.
28. And this is what he says to all humanity;
'The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.'"
Job 28:1-28 NLT
Repeating Sentences or Themes in the Text
Thank you LORD.
You understand wisdom.
Help us to enter into Your wisdom on a daily basis.
We love You LORD.
In your holy name we pray,
Please leave your first and last initials.
We value your thoughts.
I hope that God moves you in your day today.
I pray that you see His hand in your actions, your heart, and your dreams.
I am praying for you today!
Remember I am praying for you - DAILY!
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.