read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Hannah Prays for a Son
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 1:9-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
9. Once after a sacrificial meal at Shiloh, Hannah got up and went to pray.
Eli the priest was sitting at his customary place beside the entrance of the Tabernacle.
10. Hannah was in deep anguish, crying bitterly as she prayed to the LORD,
11. And she made this vow: "O LORD of Heaven's Armies, if you will look
upon my sorrow and answer my prayer and give me a son, then I will give
him back to you. He will be yours for his entire lifetime, and as a
sign that he has been dedicated to the LORD, has hair will never be cut."
12. As she was praying to the LORD, Eli watched her.
13. Seeing her lips moving but hearing no sound he thought she had been drinking.
14. "Must you come here drunk?" he demanded. "Throw away your wine!"
15. "Oh no, sir!" she replied. "I haven't been drinking wine or anything stronger.
But I am very discouraged, and I was pouring out my heart to the LORD.
16. Don't think I am a wicked woman! For I have been praying out of
great anguish and sorrow."
17. "In that case," Eli said, "go in peace! May the God of Israel grant
the request you have asked of him."
18. "Oh, thank you, sir!" she exclaimed. Then she went back and began
to eat again, and she was no longer sad.
1 Samuel 1:9-13 NLT
History - Oh wow, that is where it comes from.
Today we are using the same strategy as we did yesterday.
I am so thankful that you came back today to find out what happens next...
Your story is filled with human pain and God miracles.
Thank you for your availability to us.
Thank you that we can cry out to You in the midst of our pain.
Please help us see You as the powerful God that you are.
Give us hope and when hope fails, remind us to trust You.
In Your name,
Please leave your first and last initial in the name box below.
If you can please share anything that God is revealing, feel free.
We are so excited that God is the one that is bringing us together here.
Thank you to those of you that are so faithful.
We are encouraged.
God is here with us.
Blessings on your day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.