read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Stephen is Arrested
Today's Passage: Acts 6:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.1
1. But as the believers rapidly multiplied, there were rumblings of discontent.
The Greek-speaking believers complained about the Hebrew-speaking believers,
saying that their widows were being discriminated against
in the daily distribution of food.
2. So the Twelve called a meeting of all the believers. They said,
"We apostles should spend our time teaching the word of God,
not running a food program.
3. And so, brothers, select seven men who are well respected and
are full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will give them this responsibility.
4. Then we apostles can spend our time in prayer and teaching the word."
5. Everyone liked this idea, and they chose the following. Stephen
(a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit), Philip, Procorus,
Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas of Antioch
(an earlier convert to the Jewish faith).
6. These seven were presented to the apostles, who prayed
for them as they laid their hands on them.
7. So God's message continued to spread. The number of
believers greatly increased in Jerusalem, and many of the
Jewish priests were converted, too.
8. Stephen, a man full of God's grace and power, performed
amazing miracles and signs among the people.
9. But one day some men from the Synagogue of Freed Slaves,
as it was called, started to debate with him. They were Jews from
Cyrene, Alexandria, Cilicia, and the province of Asia.
10. None of them could stand against the wisdom and the Spirit
with which Stephen spoke.
11. So they persuaded some men to lie about Stephen, saying,
"We heard him blaspheme Moses, and even God."
12. This roused the people, the elders, and the teachers of
religious law. So they arrested Stephen and brought him
before the high council.
13. The lying witnesses said, "This man is always speaking
against the holy Temple and against the law of Moses.
14. We have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will
destroy the Temple and change the customs Moses handed down to us."
15. At this point everyone in the high council stared at Stephen,
because his face became as bright as an angel's.
Acts 6:1-15 NLT
Thank you LORD for these historical loggings of the beginnings of your church.
Help us see what You want us to see in these words.
We enter Your words in obedience.
In Your name we pray,
Please leave your first and last initials.
We are glad to see you here.
We are always thankful for the time spent here.
Thank you for coming and joining in this community.
And here we are.
Walking daily in Your words.
Let us not grow weary doing good.
We pray for you!
I pray daily for you!
God is here with us.
Blessings on your day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.