read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: Genesis 41:1-36
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. Two full years later, Pharaoh dreamed that he was standing on the bank of the Nile River.
2. In his dream he saw seven fat, healthy cows come up out of the river and begin
grazing in the marsh grass.
3. Then he saw seven more cows come up behind them from the Nile, but these were
scrawny and thin cows. These cows stood beside the fat cows on the riverbank.
4. Then the scrawny, thin cows ate the seven healthy, fat cows! At this point in the
dream, Pharaoh woke up.
5. But he fell asleep again and had a second dream. This time he saw seven heads
of grain, plump and beautiful, growing on a single stalk.
6. Then seven more heads of grain appeared, but these were shriveled and withered
by the east wind.
7. And these thin heads swallowed up the seven plump, well-formed heads!
Then Pharaoh woke up again and realized it was a dream.
8. The next morning Pharaoh was very disturbed by the dreams. So he called for
all the magicians and wise men of Egypt. When Pharaoh told them his dreams,
not one of them could tell him what they meant.
9. Finally, the king's chief cup-bearer spoke up. "Today I have been reminded of my
failure," he told Pharaoh.
10. "Some time ago, you were angry with the chief baker and me, and you imprisoned
us in the palace of the captain of the guard.
11. One night the chief baker and I each had a dream, and each dream had its own
12. There was a young Hebrew man with us in the prison who was a slave of the
captain of the guard. We told him our dreams, and he told us what each of our dreams
13. And everything that happened just as he had predicted. I was restored to my
position as cup-bearer, and the chief baker was executed and impaled on a pole."
14. Pharaoh sent for Joseph at once, and he was quickly brought from the prison.
After he shaved and changed his clothes, he went in and stood before Pharaoh.
15 Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, "I had a dream last night, and no one here can
tell me what it means. But I have heard that when you hear about a dream you
can interpret it."
16. "It is beyond my power to do this," Joseph replied. "But God can tell you what it
means and set you at ease."
17. So Pharaoh told Joseph his dream. "In my dream," he said, "I was standing
on the bank of the Nile River,
18. and I saw seven fat, healthy cows come up out of the river and begin grazing
in the marsh grass.
19. But then I saw seven sick-looking animals in all the land of Egypt.
20. These thin, scrawny cows ate the seven fat cows.
21. But afterward you wouldn't have known it, for they were still as thin
and scrawny as before! Then I woke up.
22. "Then I fell asleep again, and I had another dream. This time I saw seven heads
of grain, full and beautiful, growing on a single stalk.
23. Then seven more heads of grain appeared, but these were blighted,
shriveled, and withered by the east wind.
24. And the shriveled heads swallowed the seven healthy heads. I told
these dreams to the magicians, but no one could tell me what they mean."
25. Joseph responded, "Both of Pharaoh's dreams mean the same thing. God is
telling Pharaoh in advance what he is about to do.
26. The seven healthy cows and the seven healthy heads of grain both represent
seven years of prosperity.
27. The seven thin, scrawny cows that came up later and the seven
thin heads of grain, withered by the east wind, represent seven years of famine.
28. "This will happen just as I have described it, for God has revealed to Pharaoh
in advance what he is about to do.
29. The next seven years will be a period of great prosperity throughout the land of Egypt.
30. But afterward there will be seven years of famine so great that all the prosperity
will be forgotten in Egypt. Famine will destroy the land.
31. This famine will be so severe that even the memory of the good years will be erased.
32. As for having two similar dreams, it means that these events have been decreed by
God, and he will soon make them happen.
"Therefore, Pharaoh should find an intelligent and wise man and put him in
charge of the entire land of Egypt.
34. Then Pharaoh should appoint supervisors over the land and let them collect
one-fifth of all the crops during the seven good years.
35. Have them gather all the food produced in the good years that are just ahead
and bring it to Pharaoh's storehouses. Store it away, and guard it so there will be
food in the cities.
36. That way there will be enough to eat when the seven years of famine come
to the land of Egypt. Otherwise this famine will destroy the land."
Genesis 41: 1-36 NLT
History - Oh wow, that is where it comes from.
Again, I would like to emphasize, simple acts of meditation are not so much difficult, as uncomfortable.
God wants you to know how His story happened.
Thank you Father,
for giving us this story of Joseph.
We are part of this story.
You had a plan for Joseph.
You have a plan for us.
Let us enter into your plan.
In your name we pray
Jehoshua we pray.
Please leave your first and last initials in the comments below.
We are thankful for each of you that have arrived today.
In this day we recognize those who are dealing with loss. Joseph lost so much. Others we know or have heard about are also losing much. Please pray for them.
Amen! and Amen!
May we continue to pray for those who have been damaged in the horrible hurricane destruction on the coasts.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.