read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Stephen Addresses the Council
Today's Passage: Acts 7:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. Then the high priest asked Stephen, "Are these accusations true?"
2. This was Stephen's reply: "Brothers and fathers, listen to me.
Our glorious God appeared to our ancestor Abraham in Mesopotamia
before he settled in Haran.
3. God told him, 'Leave your native land and your relatives, and come
into the land that I will show you.'
4. So Abraham left the land of the Chaldeans and lived in Haran
until his father died. Then God brought him here to the land where you now live.
5. "But God gave him no inheritance here, not even one square foot of land.
God did promise, however, that eventually that the whole land would
belong to Abraham and his descendants ⏤even though he had no children yet.
6. God also told him that his descendants would live in a foreign land,
where they would be oppressed as slaves for 400 years.
7. 'But I will punish the nation that enslaves them,' God said,
'and in the end they will come out and worship me here in this place.'
8. "God also gave Abraham the covenant of circumcision at that time.
So when Abraham became the father of Isaac, he circumcised him on the eighth day.
And the practice was continued when Isaac became
the father of Jacob, and when Jacob became the father
of the twelve patriarchs of the Israelite nation.
9. "These patriarchs were jealous of their brother Joseph, and they
sold him to be a slave in Egypt. But God was with him
10. and rescued him from all his troubles. And God gave him favor
before Pharaoh, king of Egypt. God also gave Joseph unusual wisdom,
so that Pharaoh appointed him governor over all of Egypt and put him in
charge of the palace.
11. "But a famine came upon Egypt and Canaan. There was great misery,
and our ancestors ran out of food.
12. Jacob heard that there was still grain in Egypt, so he sent his sons
⏤our ancestors⏤to buy some.
13. The second time they went, Joseph revealed his identity to his
brothers, and they were introduced to Pharaoh.
14. Then Joseph sent for his father, Jacob, and all his relatives to come to
Egypt, seventy-five persons in all.
15. So Jacob went to Egypt. He died there, as did our ancestors.
16. Their bodies were taken to Shechem and buried in the tomb
Abraham had bought for a certain price from Hamor's sons in Shechem.
Acts 7:1-16 NLT
I simply must say it.
God blows me away.
I did not know that these verses would be following yesterday's verses.
I simply prayed and was given what to give this day.
I love that.
This is referring to Joseph and how God blessed him.
How is God blessing you today?
Thank YOU LORD!
Thank you for blessing us in all we do!
Stephen understood how important Israel history was.
He placed all his trust in the promise.
And we enter into that promise today.
We love you and we pray for your
in Your name,
Please leave your first and your last initial in the comments.
We are so thankful for the last few weeks.
Something has happened in and within me.
Thank you for your prayers.
I am praying for you daily.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.