read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Stephen Addresses the Council (cont.)
Today's Passage: Acts 7:17-38
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
17. "As the time drew near when God would fulfill his promise to Abraham, the number of our people in Egypt greatly increased.
18. But then a new king came to the throne of Egypt who knew nothing about Joseph.
19. This king exploited our people and oppressed them, forcing parents to abandon their newborn babies so they would die.
20. "At the time Moses was born ⏤ a beautiful child in God's eyes. His parents cared for him at home for three months.
21. When they had to abandon him, Pharaoh's daughter adopted him and raised him as her own son.
22. Moses was taught all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and he was powerful in both speech
23. "One day when Moses was forty years old, he decided to visit his relatives, the people of Israel.
24. He saw an Egyptian mistreating an Israelite. So Moses came to the man's defense and avenged him, killing the Egyptian.
25. Moses assumed his fellow Israelites would realize that God had sent him to rescue them, but they didn't.
26. "The next day he visited them again and saw two men of Israel fighting. He tried to be a peacemaker. 'Men,' he said, 'you are brothers. Why are you fighting each other?'
27. "But the man in the wrong pushed Moses aside. 'Who made you a ruler and a judge over us?' he asked.
28. 'Are you going to kill me as you killed the Egyptian yesterday?'
29. When Moses heard that, he fled the country and lived as a foreigner in the land of Midian. There his two sons were born.
30. "Forty years later, in the desert near Mount Sinai, an angel appeared to Moses in the flame of a burning bush.
31. When Moses saw it, he was amazed at the sight. As he went to take a closer look, the voice of the LORD called out to him,
32. 'I am the God of your ancestors ⏤ the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.' Moses shook with terror and did not dare to look.
33. "Then the LORD said to him, 'Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground.
34. I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their groans and have come down to rescue them. Now go, for I am sending you back to Egypt.'
35. "So God sent back the same man his people had previously rejected when they demanded, 'Who made you a ruler and a judge over us?' Through the angel who appeared to him in the burning bush, God sent Moses to be their ruler and savior.
36. And by means of many wonders and miraculous signs, he led them out of Egypt, through the Red Sea, and through the wilderness for forty years.
37. "Moses himself told the people of Israel, 'God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from among our own people.'
38. Moses was with our ancestors, the assembly of God's people in the wilderness when the angel spoke to him at Mount Sinai. And there Moses received life-giving words to pass on to us.
I cannot begin to praise you enough for the testimony of the Jews
You caused to rise up out of Stephen when he was being interrogated.
Give us each enough of Your word in our hearts and in our minds
that if ever we must stand for our beliefs
we are able to do so, as well as Stephen here has done so.
We live in hard times.
Give us the ability to hide your word in our hearts!
In YOUR HOLY NAME I PRAY
Please leave your first and last initial in the comments
In your own words.
Has this passage touched you in some way
Share if you feel led.
We bring you this page to glorify God in our days.
We bring this to you because we are called to count our days.
We bring you this page because we desire to lay our lives down for something of worth and purpose.
Please know we deeply pray that you are being moved and encouraged.
Don't give up.
God (El Roi) sees.
I am praying for you daily.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.