read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Stephen Addresses the Council (Cont.)
Today's Passage: Acts 7:39-50
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
Auf Deutsch von Hoffnung für Alle - Die Apostelgeschichte - Bible Gateway heir.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
39. "But our ancestors refused to listen to Moses. They rejected him and wanted to return to Egypt.
40. They told Aaron, 'Make us some gods who can lead us, for we don't know what has become of this Moses, who brought us out of Egypt.'
41. So they made an idol shaped like a calf, and they sacrificed to it and celebrated over this thing they had made.
42. Then God turned away from them and abandoned them to serve the stars of heaven as their gods! In the book of the prophets it is written.
'Was it to me you were bringing
sacrifices and offerings
during those forty years in the
43. No, you carried your pagan gods ⏤
the shrine of Molech,
the star of you god Rephan,
and the images you made to
So I will send you into exile
as far away as Babylon.'
44. "Our ancestors carried the Tabernacle with them through the wilderness. It was constructed according to the plan God had shown to Moses.
45. Years later, when Joshua led our ancestors in battle against the nations that God drove out of this land, the Tabernacle was taken with them into their new territory. And it stayed there until the time of King David.
46. "David found favor with God and asked for the privilege of building a permanent Temple for the god of Jacob.
47. But it was Solomon who actually built it.
48. However, the Most High doesn't live in temples made by human hands. As the prophet says,
49. 'Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
Could you build me a temple as good as that?'
asks the LORD.
'Could you build me such a resting place?
50. Didn't my hands make both heaven and earth?'
Acts 7:39-50 NLT
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
Help us to be wise and listen to wise counsel.
Help us to be able to discern where You would have us go.
We are sheep.
We need a shepherd.
We ask You to continue being our Great Shepherd.
Keep us humble and keep us aware of our dependence upon You and You alone.
In Your name we pray
Please leave your first initial in the first name box
and your last initial in the last name box.
Because of a situation we are still working out with our web provider,
please leave at least a period in the comments box.
if you would like to share how God is shaping your life from today's verses,
I am reminded that each of us enters our days with fresh mercies.
I need them.
I believe you do as well.
I am praying for your new mercies. Please pray for mine.
Have a blessed day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.