read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
What Should I Do to Inherit Eternal Life?
1. Today's Passage: Luke 18: 18-30
Please read from your own bible.
Or click here for the NASB version (and others) on Bible Gateway
I have also typed the NLT below:
18. Once a religious leader asked Jesus this question: "Good Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?"
19. "Why do you call me good?" Jesus asked him. "Only God is truly good.
20. But to answer your question, you know the commandments: 'You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must no testify falsely. Honor your father and mother.'"
21. The man replied, "I've obeyed all these commandments since I was young."
22. When Jesus heard his answer, he said, "There is still one thing you haven't done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
23. But when the man heard this he became very sad, for he was very rich.
24. When Jesus saw this, he said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God!
25. In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"
26. Those who heard this said," Then who in the world can be saved?"
27. He replied, "What is impossible for people is possible with God."
28. Peter said, "We've left our homes to follow you."
29. "Yes," Jesus replied, "and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the Kingdom of God,
30. will be repaid many times over in this life, and will have eternal life in the world to come." Luke 18:18-30
2. What does this scripture mean?
What is the one thing?
3. I encourage you to read these words with your heart in mind.
What is your heart's meaning of this passage?
4. Thank you for leaving your name and your last initial.
It is such a blessing to know that you have come and joined us.
And when God gives you something to testify - Oh what joy!
May HE be glorified in all of our seeking of Him.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.