read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Please forgive the late posting...
It is still the 20th, but it also almost noon!
For those of you that come on early in the morning, I am apologize.
Hosea's Wife and Children
Today's Passage: Hosea 1:1-10
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. The LORD gave this message to Hosea son of Beeri during the years when Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah were kings of Judah, and Jeroboam son of Jehoash was king of Israel.
2. When the LORD first began speaking to Israel through Hosea, he said to him, "Go and marry a prostitute, so that some of her children will be conceived in prostitution. This will illustrate how Israel has acted like a prostitute by turning against the LORD and worshiping other gods."
3. So Hosea married Gomer, the daughter of Diblaim, and she became pregnant and gave Hosea a son.
4. And the LORD said, "Name the child Jezreel, for I am about to punish King Jehu's dynasty to avenge the murders he committed at Jezreel. In fact, I will bring an end to Israel's independence.
5. I will break its military power in the Jezreel Valley."
6. Soon Gomer became pregnant again and gave birth to a daughter. And the LORD said to Hosea, "Name your daughter Lo-ruhamah⏤'Not loved' ⏤ for I will no longer show love to the people of Israel or forgive them.
7. But I will show love to the people of Judah. I will free them from their enemies ⏤not with weapons and armies or horses and charioteer, but by my power as the LORD their God."
8. After Gomer had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she again became pregnant and gave birth to a second son.
9. And the LORD said, "Name him Lo-ammi⏤'Not my people'⏤for Israel is not my people, and I am not their God.
10. "Yet the time will come with Israel's people will be like the sands of the seashore⏤too many to count! Then, at the place where they were told, 'You are not my people,' it will be said, 'You are children of the living God.'
11. Then the people of Judah and Israel will unite together. They will choose one leader for themselves, and they will return from exile together. What a day that will be ⏤the day of Jezreel⏤when God will again plant his people in his land.
2:1"In that day you will call your brothers Ammi⏤'My people.' And you will call your sisters Ruhamah⏤'The one I love.'
Hosea 1:1-11 NLT
Hosea has always been one of my favorite stories.
But it is not an easy one.
Do you see yourself in any of these verses?
Envision yourself in this place?
Who are the characters?
Try to relate to one of them.
Thank you LORD for being with us in all of our times, good and bad.
We know that You promise never to leave or forsake us.
So, God, thank you for always keeping your promises.
Some how you make all things right.
In your name
Please leave your first and last initials in the names box.
Please leave at least a period in the comments box.
Thank you for being here.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.