read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God Uses Cyrus
Today's Passage: Isaiah 45:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. This is what the LORD says to Cyrus, his anointed one, whose right had he will empower. Before him, mighty kings will be paralyzed with fear. Their fortress gates will be opened, never to shut again.
1. This is what the LORD says:
"I will go before you, Cyrus, and level the mountains. I will smash down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.
3. And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness⏤secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name.
4 "And why have I called you for this work? Why did I call you by name when you did not know me? It is for the sake of Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one.
5. I am the LORD; there is no other God. I have equipped you for battle though you don't even know me,
6. so all the world from east to west will know there is no other God. I am LORD, and there is no other.
7. I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.
8. "Open up, O heavens, and pour out your righteousness. Let the earth open wide so salvation and righteousness can sprout up together. I, the LORD, created them.
9. "What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator. Does a clay pot argue with its maker? Does the clay dispute with the one who shapes it, saying, 'Stop, you're doing it wrong!'
Does the pot exclaim, 'How clumsy can you be?'
10. How terrible it would be if a new baby said to its father, 'Why was I born?' or if it said to its mother, 'Why did you make me this way?"
11. This is what the LORD says⏤the Holy One of Israel and your Creator:
"Do you question what I do for my children?
Do you give me orders about the work of my hands?
12. I am the one who made the earth and created people to live on it.
With my hands I stretched out the heavens.
All the stars are at my command.
13. I will raise up Cyrus to fulfill my righteous purpose, and I will guide his actions.
He will restore my city and free my captive people⏤without seeking a reward!
I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!
Isaiah 45:1-13 NLT
Come to us.
Remind us LORD of Heaven's Armies.
You are in charge.
You are able to build and remove.
You are the one that makes and brings.
In Your name
Please leave your initials in the name box
Please leave a period in the comments, or some comments from your heart.
We are finding God in the most wonderful places.
And when I hear his words reminding me of truth⏤oh how wonderful.
I am praying for your new mercies. Please pray for mine.
Have a blessed day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.