read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Prophesy Against Babylon
Today's Passage: Jeremiah 50:1-10
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. The LORD gave Jeremiah the prophet this message concerning Babylon and the land of the Babylonians.
2. This is what the LORD says:
"Tell the whole world, and keep nothing back. Raise a signal flag to tell everyone that Babylon will fall! Her images and idols will be shattered. Her gods Bel and Marduk will be utterly disgraced.
3. For a nation will attack her from the north and bring such destruction that no one will live there again. Everything will be gone; both people and animals will flee.
4. In those coming days," says the LORD, "the people of Israel will return home together with the people of Judah. They will come weeping and seeking the LORD their God.
5. They will ask the way to Jerusalem and will start back home again. They will bind themselves to the LORD with an eternal covenant that will never be forgotten.
6. "My people have been lost sheep. Their shepherds have led them astray and turned them loose in the mountains. They have lost their way and can't remember how to get back to the sheepfold.
7. All who found them devoured them. Their enemies said, 'We did nothing wrong in attacking them, for they sinned against the LORD, their true place of rest, and the hope of their ancestors.'
8. "But now, flee from Babylon? Leave the land of the Babylonians. Like male goats at the head of the flock, lead my people home again.
9. For I am raising up an army of great nations from the north. They will join forces to attack Babylon, and she will be captured. The enemies' arrows will go straight to the mark; they will not miss!
10. Babylonia will be looted until the attackers are glutted with loot. I, the LORD, have spoken!
Jeremiah 50:1-10 NLT
Asking Questions About the Passage and
How the Passage Changes Me.
Here we are.
Revelations come piecemeal sometimes.
Please reveal to us how this passage relates to our days.
Thank you, we want to be in Your presence.
In your name we pray.
Please leave your initials.
And comments - please place a period or comma or a comment in the required comments box.
Because of all God is doing here, I just want to say thank you for being here.
Your presence is a blessing.
Blessings on this endeavor.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.