read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: John 6:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. After this, Jesus crossed over to the far side of the Sea of Galilee, also known as the Sea of Tiberias.
2. A huge crowd kept following him wherever he went, because they saw his miraculous signs as he healed the sick.
3. Then Jesus climbed a hill and sat down with his disciples around him.
4. (It was nearly time for the Jewish Passover celebration.)
5. Jesus soon saw a huge crowd of people coming to look for him. Turning to Philip, he asked, "Where can we buy bread to feed all these people?"
6. He was testing Philip, for he already knew what he was going to do.
7. Philip replied, "Even if we worked for months, we wouldn't have enough money to feed them!"
8. Then Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, spoke up.
9. "There's a young boy here with with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?"
10. "Tell everyone to sit down." Jesus said. So theyall sat down on the grassy slopes. (The men alone numbered about 5,000.)
11. Then Jesus took the loaves, gave thanks to God, and distributed them to the people. And they all ate as much as they wanted.
12. After everyone was full, Jesus told his disciples, "Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted."
13. So they picked up the pieces and filled twelve baskets with scrps left by the people who had eaten from the five barley loaves.
14. When the people saw him do this miraculous sign, they exclaimed, "Surely, he is the Prophet we have been expecting!"
15. When Jesus saw that they were ready to force him to be their king, he slipped away into the hills by himself.
John 6:1-15 NLT
Invite God into the place where you are right now.
Thank Him for His revelations.
Ask Him for clarity during your day.
Be sure to thank Him for what He is doing in His life.
We cannot be destructive in any way when we are showing gratitude to God for who He is.
Remember that the word Amen means "So be it"
It is a concrete request that God grant what you have asked for in His name.
I am praying about changes on how to operate our community in the future.
If you have any suggestions, please start thinking about them
I will be sending out emails making more requests for help.
I am down with a bum knee and have been down for weeks and weeks
and still have weeks to go. It is better some moments more than others.
I pray for you daily.
Have a blessed day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.