read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Solicitude for Israel
Today's Passage: Romans 9:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. With Christ as my witness, I speak with utter truthfulness. My conscience and the Holy Spirit confirm it.
2. My heart is filled with bitter sorrow and unending grief
3. for my people, my Jewish brothers and sisters. I would be willing to be forever cursed ⏤cut off from Christ!⏤if that would save them.
4. They are the people of Israel, chosen to be God's adopted children. God revealed his glory to them. He made covenants with them and gave them his law. He gave them the privilege of worshiping him and receiving his wonderful promises.
5. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are their ancestors, and Christ himself was an Israelite as far as his human nature is concerned. And he is God, the one who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.
6. Well then, has God failed to fulfill his promise to Israel! No, for not all who are born into the nation of Israel are truly members of God's people.
7. Being descendants of Abraham doesn't make them truly Abraham's children. For the Scriptures say, "Isaac is the son through whom your descendants will be counted,"
8. This means that Abraham's physical descendants are not necessarily children of God. Only the children of the promise are considered to be Abraham's children.
9. For God had promised, "I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son."
10. This son was our ancestor Isaac. When he married Rebekah, she gave birth to twins.
11. But before they were born, before they had done anything good or bad, she received a message from God. (This message shows that God chooses people according to his own purposes;
12. he calls people, but not according to their good or bad works." She was told"Your older son will serve your younger son."
13. In the words of the Scriptures, "I loved Jacob, but I rejected Esau."
14. Are we saying, then, that God was unfair? Of course not!
15. For God said to Moses,
"I will show mercy to anyone I choose,
and I will show compassion to
anyone I choose."
16. So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.
Romans 9:1-16 NLT
I honestly had to re-read this passage 5 times. It is filled with thoughtful truth.
Hard to get my Head around - so Repeat Reading Needed.
Before I knew You God, I didn't know how deeply I wanted to know You.
Now, when I read your words I deeply desire to understand what you are saying to me.
Help us LORD.
Help us desire daily to find You in our reading. Not for ourselves, not for what we want to see, but to better know You and how You are.
We will never understand completely.
You are too intricate and lovely for us to ever completely understand.
We praise You and worship You.
Help us LORD,
in Your name.
Thank you for being here.
Keeping our commitment to be here is huge!
El Roi sees.
Be sure to leave your last initials.
and your thoughts if God encourages.
Have a blessed day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.