read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God's Deliverance of His People
Today's Passage: Habakkuk 3:1-19
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. This prayer was sung by the prophet Habakkuk:
2. I have heard all about you, LORD, I am filled with awe by your amazing works. In this tie of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by. And in your anger, remember your mercy.
3. I see God moving across the deserts from Edom, the Holy One coming from Mount Paran. His brilliant splendor fills the heavens, and the earth is filled with his praise.
4. His coming is as brilliant as the sunrise. Rays of light flash from his hands, where his awesome power is hidden.
5. Pestilence marches before him; plague follows close behind.
6. When he stops, the earth shakes. When he looks, the nations tremble. He shatters the everlasting mountains and levels the eternal hills. He is the Eternal One!
7. I see the people of Cushan in distress, and the nation of Midian trembling in terror.
8. Was it in anger, LORD, that you struck the rivers and parted the sea? Were you displeased with them? No, you were sending your chariots of salvation!
9. You brandished your bow and your quiver of arrows. You split open the earth with flowing rivers.
10. The mountains watched and trembled. Onward swept the raging waters. The mighty deep cried out, lifting its hands to the LORD.
11. The sun and the moon stood still in the sky as your brilliant arrows flew and your glittering spear flashed.
12. You marched across the land in anger and trampled the nations in your fury.
13. You went out to rescue your chosen people, to save your anointed ones. You crushed the heads of the wicked and stripped their bones from head to toe.
14. With his own weapons, you destroyed the chief of those who rushed out like a whirlwind, thinking Israel would be easy prey.
15. You trampled the sea with your horses, and the mighty waters piled high.
16. I trembled inside when I heard this; my lips quivered with fear. My legs gave way beneath me, and I shook in terror. I will wait quietly for the coming day when disaster will strike the people who invade us.
17. Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines, even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty,
18. yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
19. The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.
Habakkuk 3:1-19 NLT
Foreshadowing, Promises, and/or Fulfillment of Promises
Thank you Abba.
Thankful for the promises I find in your words.
Thankful for your presence.
Thankful for your love.
In your name
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Thank you for your presence.
I am still contemplating Romans 9.
I love it when something roams in my head and heart and causes me to contemplate deeply.
Life is filled with God giving us opportunity to go deep ;-)
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.