read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Land Yet to be Conquered
Today's Passage: Joshua 13:1-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1.When Joshua was an old man, the LORD said to him,"You are growing old, and much land remains to be conquered.
2. This is the territory that remains: all the regions of the Philistines and the Geshurites,
3. and the larger territory of the Canaanites, extending from the stream of Shihor on the border of Egypt, northward to the boundary of Ekron. It includes the territory of the five Philistine rulers of Gaza, Ashdod, Ashkelon, Gath, and Ekron. The land of the Avites
4. in the south also remains to be conquered. In the north, the following area has not yet been conquered; all the land of the Canaanites, including Mearah (which belongs to the Sidolians), stretching northward to Aphek on the border of the Amorites.
5. the land of the Gebalites and all of the Lebanon mountain area to the east, from Baal-gad below Mount Hermon to Lebo-hamath;
6. and all the hill country from Lebanon to Misrephothmaim, including all the land of the Sidonians.
"I myself will drive these people out of the land ahead of the Israelites. So be sure to give this land to Israel as a special possession, just as I have commanded you.
7. Include all this territory as Israel's possession when you divide this land among the nine tribes and the half-tribe of Manasseh."
8. Half the tribe of Manasseh and the tribe of Reuben and Gad had already received their grants of land on the east side of the Jordan, for Moses, the servant of the LORD, had previously assigned this land to them.
9. Their territory extended from Aroer on the edge of the Arnon Gorge (including the town in the middle of the gorge) to the plain beyond Medeba, as far as Dibon.
10. It also included all the towns of King Sihon of the Amorites, who had reigned in Heshbon, and extended as far as the borders of Ammon.
11. It included Gilead, the territory of the kingdoms of Geshur and Maacah, all of Mount Hermon, all of Bashan as far as Salecah,
12. and all the territory of King Og of Bashan, who had reigned in Ashtaroth and Edrei. King Og was the last of the Rephaites, for Moses had attacked them and driven them out.
13. But the Israelites failed to drive out the people of Geshur and Maacah, so they continue to live among the Israelites to this day.
14. Moses did not assign any allotment of land to the tribe of Levi. Instead, as the LORD had promised them, their allotment came from the offerings burned on the alter to the LORD, the God of Israel.
15. Moses had assigned the following area to the clans of the tribe of Reuben.
16. Their territory extended from Aroer on the edge of the Arnon Gorge (including the town in the middle of the gorge) to the plain beyond Medeba.
17. It included Heshbon and the other towns on the plain ⏤Dibon, Bamoth-baal, Beth-baal-meon,
18. Jahaz, Kedemoth, Mephaath,
19. Kiriathaim, Sibmah, Zereth-shahar on the hill above the valley,
20. Bethpeor, the slopes of Pisgah, and Beth-jeshimoth.
21. The land of Reuben also included all the towns of the plain and the entire kingdom of Sihon. Sihon was the Amorite king who had reigned in Heshbon and was killed by Moses along with the leaders of Midian ⏤Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba ⏤princes living in the region who were allied with Sihon.
22. The Israelites has also killed Balaam son of Beor, who used magic to tell the future.
23. The Jordan River marked the western boundary for the tribe of Reuben. The towns and their surrounding villages in this area were given as a homeland to the clans of the tribe of Reuben.
Joshua 13:1-23 NLT
Repeating Sentences or Themes in the Text
Teach us to listen.
Not only in the instantaneous, but in those truths that take time to think about,
ponder, and dig for more information.
Thank You LORD.
Allow us to go deeper.
In your name, Jesus, we pray.
Please leave your initials.
I received an email recently from one of you.
It was such an encouragement.
Remember to leave your comments in the box.
God is moving in many ways here at Blue Moon.
I am still unable to put weight on my knee.
I appreciate you all.
Remember I am praying for each of you
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Want fewer emails? Or, to unsubscribe?
Feel free at anytime.
Fewer Emails or Unsubscribe
on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.