read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: 1 Corinthians 5:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
1. I can hardly believe the report about the sexual immorality going on among you⏤something that even pagans don't do. I am told that a man in your church is living in sin with his stepmother.
2. You are so proud of yourselves, but you should be mourning in sorrow and shame. And you should remove this man from your fellowship.
3. Even though I am not with you in person, I am with you in the Spirit. And as though I were there, I have already passed judgment on this man
4. in the name of the Lord Jesus. You must call a meeting of the church. I will be present with you in spirit, and so will the power of our Lord Jesus.
5. Then you must throw this man out and hand him over to Satan so that his sinful nature will be destroyed and he himself will be saved on the day the Lord returns.
6. Your boasting about this is terrible. Don't you realize that this sin is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough!
7. Get rid of the old "yeast" by removing this wicked person from among you. Then you will be like a fresh batch of dough made without yeast, which is what you really are. Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed for us.
8. So let us celebrate the festival, not with the old bread of wickedness and evil, but with the new bread of sincerity and truth.
9. When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin.
10. But I wasn't talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that.
11. I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don't even eat with such people.
12. It isn't my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, "You must remove the evil person from among you."
1 Corinthians 5:1-13 NLT
And What Do I Do With That?
Here we are God.
Frail and weak.
Help us know what to do.
In Your name we pray,
Thank you for being here.
Please leave your initials and leave a comment if you are led.
I am so excited that we are moving through the scriptures and not skirting the hard stuff.
Loving God is our goal.
Getting to know Him and how we live our lives to praise and glorify Him
And with nothing else before Him, how we become better disciples.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.