read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Paul Speaks to the Crowd
Today's Passage: Acts 22:1-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
1. "Brothers and esteemed fathers," Paul said, "listen to me as I offer my defense."
2. When they heard him speaking in their own language, the silence was even greater.
3. Then Paul said, "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, and I was brought up and educated here in Jerusalem under Gamaliel. As his student, I was carefully trained in our Jewish laws and customs. I became very zealous to honor God in everything I did, just like all of you today.
4. And I persecuted the followers of the Way, hounding some to death, arresting both mean and women and throwing the in prison.
5. The high priest and the whole council of elders can testify that this is so. For I received letters from them to our Jewish brothers in Damascus, authorizing me to bring the Christians from there to Jerusalem, in chains, to be punished.
6. "As I was on the road, approaching Damascus about noon, a very bright light from heaven suddenly shone down around me.
7. I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?'
8. " 'Who are you, lord?" I asked.
"And the voice replied, 'I am Jesus the Nazarene, the one you are persecuting.'
9. The people with me saw the light but didn't understand the voice speaking to me.
10. "I asked, 'What should I do, Lord?"
"And the Lord told me, 'Get up and go into Damascus, and there you will be told everything you are to do.'
11. "I was blinded by the intense light and had to be led by the hand to Damascus by my companions.
12. A man named Ananias lived there. He was a godly man, deeply devoted to the law, and well regarded by all the Jews of Damascus.
13. He came and stood beside me and said, 'Brother Saul, regain you sight.' And that very moment I could see him!
14. "Than he told me, 'The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and hear him speak.
15. For you are to be his witness, telling everyone what you have seen and heard.
16. What are you waiting for? Get up and be baptized. Have your sins washed away by calling on the name of the Lord.'
17. "After I returned to Jerusalem, I as praying in the Temple and fell into a trance.
18. I saw a vision of Jesus saying to me, 'Hurry! Leave Jerusalem, for the people here won't accept your testimony about me.'
19. "'But Lord,' I argued, 'they certainly know that in every synagogue I imprisoned and beat those who believed in you.
20. And I was in complete agreement when your witness Stephen was killed. I stood by and kept the coats they took off when they stoned him.'
21. "But the Lord said to me, 'Go, for I will send you far away to the Gentiles!'"
22. The crowd listened until Paul said that word. Then they all began to shout, "Away with such a fellow! He isn't fit to live!"
23. They yelled, threw off their coats, and tossed handfuls of dust into the air.
Acts 22: 1-23 NLT
2nd strategy is meditation in WORSHIP
Thank You Lord.
We are here to give you glory, honor, and praise.
You have given us great insight by revealing Paul's experience with You.
So please LORD, help us keep our eyes on You.
In your name
Please leave your first and last initials.
Please also leave a period or if led a comment.
In response to the Las Vegas shootings,
Please continue praying for the victims, the families, and to any that have been effected.
Know we are here praying along with you over this tragedy.
You are being prayed for.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.