read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Comforts His Disciples
Today's Passage: John 14:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.
2. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
3. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.
4. And you know the way to where I am going."
5. "No, we don't know, Lord," Thomas said. "We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?"
6. Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
7. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him?"
8. Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied."
9. Jesus replied, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?
10. Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.
11. Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do.
12. "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.
13. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.
14. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!"
John 14:1-14 NLT
3rd strategy for familiar passages. Read Anew!
Read the passage from Last to First!
Sometimes we have read a passage of Scripture so many times we can't see it with new eyes.
How can we change the passage without changing the meaning?
What would we see if we take a passage and begin with the last verse and read the verses from Chapter 14.
For example: Chapter 14:14-1.
OH Sweet Daddy.
We are here reading one of the passages that we pour over often.
We hear sections of this in sermons, read it in encouraging posters.
But, here we want You to speak to us afresh.
Remind us of You.
We love you
In your name,
Please leave your initials.
Glad you're here!
This is a new day.
Walk in Him.
Remember I am praying for each of you
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.