read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
Today's Passage: John 14:15-30
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
15. "If you love me, obey my commandments.
16. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.
17. He is the Holy spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.
18. No, I will not abandon you as orphans ⏤I will come to you.
19. Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live.
20. When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
21. Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each or them."
22. Judas (Not Judas Iscariot, but the other disciple with that name) said to him, "Lord, why are you going to reveal yourself only to us and not to the world at large?"
23. Jesus replied, "All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.
24. Anyone who doesn't love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me.
25. I am telling you these things now while I am still with you.
26. But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative ⏤that is, the Holy Spirit ⏤ he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.
27. "I am leaving you with a gift ⏤peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid.
28. Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would e happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am.
29. I have told you these things before they happen so that when they do happen, you will believe.
30. I don't have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me,
31. but I will do what the Father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let's be going.
John 14:15-31 NLT
Is this a who, what, when, where, or how passage?
We meet you here today with open hearts.
Bring us through this day.
Let us glorify You.
In your name
Please leave your initials.
The LORD has brought is to John 14...
So much to hear from this passage.
In joy I thank God for you!
I am thankful for you.
Because Jesus conquered Sin, we can come to the throne of God boldly.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.