read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Temptation of Jesus
The Ministry of Jesus Begins
Today's Passage: Matthew 4:1-17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil.
2. For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry.
3. During that time the devil came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread."
4. But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say,
'People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
5. Then the devil took him to the holy city, Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple,
6. and said, "If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say,
'He will order his angels to protect you. And they will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone.'"
7. Jesus responded, "The Scriptures also say, 'You must not test the LORD your God.' "
8. Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9. "I will give it all to you," he said, "If you will kneel down and worship me."
10. "Get out of here, Satan," Jesus told him, "For the Scriptures say,
'You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him.' "
11. Then the devil went away, and angels came and took care of Jesus.
12. When Jesus heard that John had been arrested, he left Judea and returned to Galilee.
13. He went first to Nazareth, then left there and moved to Capernaum, beside the Sea of Galilee, in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali.
14. This fulfilled what God said through the prophet Isaiah:
15. "In the land of Zebulun and of Naphtali, beside the sea, beyond the Jordan River, in Galilee where so many Gentiles live,
16. the people who sat in darkness have seen a great light. And for those who lived in the land where death casts its shadow, a light has shined."
17. From then on Jesus began to preach, "Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near. "
Matthew 4:1-17 NLT
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
Give us what you want us to know through this Scripture
Please open our hearts.
In your name
Please leave your initials.
We are looking forward to your comments.
So thankful you are here.
We love you.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.