read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Land Yet to be Conquered
Today's Passage: Isaiah 34:1-17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. Come here and listen, O nations of the earth. Let the world and everything in it hear my words.
2. For the LORD is enraged against the nations. His fury is against all their armies. He will completely destroy them, dooming them to slaughter.
3. Their dead will be left unburied, and the stench of rotting bodies will fill the land. The mountains will flow with their blood.
4. The heavens above will melt away and disappear like a rolled-up scroll. The stars will fall from the sky like withered leaves from a grapevine, or shriveled figs from a fig tree.
5. And when my sword has finished its work in the heavens, it will fall upon Edom, the nation I have marked for destruction.
6. The sword of the LORD is drenched with blood and covered with fat ⏤ with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of rams prepared for sacrifice.
Yes, the LORD will offer a sacrifice in the city of Bozrah. He will make a mighty slaughter in Edom.
7. Even men as strong as wild oxen will die⏤the young men alongside the veterans. The land will be soaked with blood and the soil enriched with fat.
8. For it is the day of the LORD's revenge, the year when Edom will be paid back for all it did to Israel.
9. The streams of Edom will be filled with burning pitch, and the ground will be covered with fire.
10. This judgment on Edom will never end; the smoke of its burning will rise forever. The land will lie deserted from generation to generation. No one will live there anymore.
11. It will be haunted by the desert owl and the screech owl, the great owl and the raven. For God will measure that land carefully; he will measure it for chaos and destruction.
12. It will be called the Land of Nothing, and all its nobles will soon be gone.
13 Thorns. will overrun its palaces; nettles and thistles will grow in it forts. The ruins will become a haunt for jackals and a home for owls.
14. Desert animals will mingle there with hyenas their howls filling the night. Wild goats will bleat at one another among the ruins, and night creatures will come there to rest.
15. There the owl will make her nest and lay her eggs. She will hatch her young and cover them with her wings. And the buzzards will come, each one with its mate.
16. Search the book of the LORD, and see what he will do. Not one of these birds and animals will be missing, and none will lack a mate, for the LORD has promised this. His Spirit will make it all come true.
17. He has surveyed and divided the land and deeded it over to those creatures. They will possess it forever, from generation to generation.
Isaiah 34:1-17 NLT
Asking Questions About the Passage
How the Passage Changes Me.
Thank You LORD
for Your prophets.
Thank You LORD for history and
all the past and present and future children that You love.
Thank You for Your almighty power.
In Your name we pray,
Please leave your initials and your comments in the boxes below.
We are here today to come together.
I have a German family here that I am encouraging to join us.
Please pray that they do.
Remember I am praying for each of you
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.