read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Visions of the Man with a Measuring Rod
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 40:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting us, LORD.
We welcome you into this place.
1. On April 28, during the twenty-fifth year of our captivity⏤fourteen years after the fall of Jerusalem⏤the LORD took hold of me.
2. In a vision from God he took me to the land of Israel and set me down on a very high mountain. From there I could see toward the south what appeared to be a city.
3. As he brought me nearer, I saw a man whose face shone like bronze standing beside a gateway entrance. He was holding in his hand a linen measuring cord and a measuring rod.
4. He said to me, "Son of man, watch and listen. Pay close attention to everything I show you. You have been brought here so I can show you many things. Then you will return to the people of Israel and tell them everything you have seen."
5. I could see a wall completely surrounding the Temple area. The man took a measuring rod that was 10 1/2 feet long and measured the wall, and the wall was 10 1/2 feet thick and 10 1/2 feet high.
6. Then he went over the the eastern gateway. He climbed the steps and measured the threshold of the gateway; it was 10 1/2 feet front to back.
7. There were guard alcoves on each side built into the gateway passage. Each of these alcoves was 10 1/2 feet square, and a distance between them of 8 3/4 feet along the passage wall. The gateway's inner threshold, which led to the entry room at the inner end of the gateway passage, was 10 1/2 feet front to back.
8. He also measured the entry room of the gateway.
9. It was 14 feet across, with supporting columns 3 1/2 feet thick. This entry room was at the inner end of the gateway structure, facing toward the Temple.
10. There were three guard alcoves on each side of the gateway passage. Each had the same measurements, and the dividing walls separating them were also identical.
11. The man measured the gateway entrance which was 17 1/2 feet wide at the opening and 22 3/4 feet wide in the gateway passage.
12. In front of each of the guard alcoves was a 21-inch curb. The alcoves themselves were 10 1/2 feet on each side.
13. Then he measured the entire width of the gateway, measuring the distance between the back walls of facing guard alcoves; this distance was 45 3/4 feet.
14. He measured the dividing walls all along the inside of the gateway up to the entry room of the gateway; this distance was 105 feet.
15. The full length of the gateway passage was 87 1/2 feet from one end to the other.
16. There were recessed windows that narrowed inward through the walls of the guard alcoves and their dividing walls. There were also windows in the entry room. The surfaces of the dividing walls were decorated with carved palm trees.
Ezekiel 40: 1-16 NLT
Thank You Lord for your instruction.
Let us have ears to hear when you give us instructions.
Help us be open to your guidance.
In your name we pray
Please leave your initials and your comments.
I find it interesting that God would be into the details.
Share as God brings you to share.
We are happy to have you here.
I am praying for you today!
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.